contraction (plural contractions)
- A reduction in size or activity.
- The country"s economic contraction was caused by high oil prices.
- The shortening of a muscle when it is used.
- A strong and often painful shortening of the uterine muscles prior to or during childbirth.
- (grammar) a shortened word or phrase, with the missing letters represented by the apostrophe.
- "Don"t" is a contraction of "do not."
11 letters in word "contraction": A C C I N N O O R T T.
No anagrams for contraction found in this word list.